Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 11

Back in the Gym: I omitted standard dead-lifts to avoid further back tweaking (subbed curls, romanian dead lifts w/ light weight and the groin machine) and concentrated on 5/5 ratio of lifts.  The results of this focus were mixed.  Take for instance the weight that will bring my quads to absolute failure in the 8-12 rep range on the leg press sled  is currently 3 x 45lbs plates + 1 25 lbs plate on each side.  Its difficult to drag the negative motion (down) out to a five count.  Its next-to impossible for me to drag the push out that long.  Like Brian said, the 3/3 ratio is a more accurate description the reality of my lifts.  The problem I found as I tried to focus on the 5/5 is that if I dropped the weight to a point where I could do it properly, I didn't get as close to exhaustion.  

1 Protein Shake
Spinach Turkey Rolls w/ Black beans (4 servings)
Mixed Green Salad w/ grilled veggies
2 Diet Pepsis
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Robyn Vegan Health Biscuits 

No comments:

Post a Comment